Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Savory Lentil Muffins recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Savory Lentil Muffins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Savory Lentil Muffins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for elevating your mood. This is because these nuts are high in magnesium, which helps to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a great protein food source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to savory lentil muffins recipe. To cook savory lentil muffins you only need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Savory Lentil Muffins:
- Prepare 2 cups of dry lentils (green or red will work).
- Get 2 of large onions.
- Use 2 of medium red bell peppers.
- Use 1 of habanero or jalapeño pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of Egg white.
- Use cube of Knorr.
- Get to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Savory Lentil Muffins:
- Soak dry lentils for at least 2 hours. Blend much better when soaked overnight.
- Add lentils, peppers, onions and Knorr cubes to blender and blend until fine and smooth.
- Pour blended mixture into a bowl. Using a wire whisk add in egg whites and salt.
- Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (370 F) for 12 to 15 minutes..
- Serve with choice of custard, corn pap, or favorite cup of tea.
If you find this Savory Lentil Muffins recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.