Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
Many folks do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food place. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. In the following paragraphs we are going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay in good health.
Every person likes to have dessert just after their meals and if you are one of those men and women you may want to consider some citrus fruit. Citrus fruits in addition provide you with vitamin C, along with other vitamins as well as minerals that can help keep you healthy. One thing you really should try for one of your desserts will be to mix coconut with orange sections and top the combination off with a teaspoon of honey.
By following some of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. One thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys maple roast christmas turkey, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys maple roast christmas turkey, gf df ef sf nf you only need 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 1 of large turkey, around 6kg /14lbs, giblets removed.
- Get 2 of lemons, halved.
- Get 100 grams of sunflower spread / butter.
- Get 2 of medium onions, peeled and quartered.
- Get 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Get 12 slice of streaky bacon or pancetta.
- Use 6 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
- Use 400 ml of hot chicken or turkey stock.
Instructions to make Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Mix the juice of 1 of the lemons with 3/4 of the butter, melted. Set aside the squeezed lemon halves, we'll use them in a minute.
- Fry the onion quarters in the rest of the butter on a low heat for 5 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Making sure the giblets have been removed first, fill the turkey cavity with the onions, the squeezed and unsqueezed lemon shells and the thyme sprigs. Close and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Slid your fingers under the skin around the neck, over the breast meat and spoon some of the lemon butter into the pockets you've made. Rub the rest over the skin, not forgetting the legs and wings.
- Slice the bacon in half lengthwise if it's wide and arrange over the breast in a lattice pattern. It will shrink back a bit during cooking. Cover loosely with foil if you don't have a roasting pot with a lid.
- For turkeys over 4kg / 9lbs, allow 20 minutes per kg (first 20 minutes at a higher temp), plus 90 minutes with the oven slightly lower. For birds under 4kg / 9lbs the time is still 20 minutes per kilo but then only 70 minutes to finish.
- So based on my 6kg bird shown, cook it for 20 minutes at the preheated temp, then reduce the oven down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and cook for another 4 hours (last half hour step below).
- Mix the maple syrup with the cinnamon and 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, remove the lid / foil and brush the syrup mixture over the bird. Return to the oven uncovered for the final 30 minutes.
- To test if it’s ready, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer. If the juices are clear, it’s cooked. If they are pink, return it to the oven for another 15 minutes and keep checking until cooked. Once cooked, tilt the tray gently so any juices run out into the corner.
- Transfer the roast to a platter and cover in foil. Put a tea towel on top to keep it warm and leave to rest for 20 minutes while you get on with the gravy. A roast bird covered this way will keep it's temp for almost a whole hour, so you've plenty of time to do sides even if your oven is small.
- To make the gravy, skim the fat from the juices in the roasting tin and discard, then stir in the flour. There will be quite a lot of fat because of the butter. Cook on the stove top for 4 minutes, stirring, then gradually stir in the stock until thickened. Heat until simmering, stir, then serve.
- This size of bird will feed a good 12 – 14 adults. Try my cornbread stuffing side dish with it! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350505-vickys-cornbread-stuffing-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
If you find this Vickys Maple Roast Christmas Turkey, GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.