Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we ought to keep away from them. At times, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to eat. Some foods actually do boost your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Cold water fish are good if you wish to feel happier. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you overcome depression.
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe. You can have chickpea and sweet potato curry using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chickpea and sweet potato curry:
- Get 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- Take 2 cups of sweet potato small diced.
- You need 14 oz of petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare Bunch of cilantro chopped.
- Get of Large onion fine diced.
- Use of red chiles seeded and minced (2 for mild 4 for hot).
- You need 3 of large garlic minced.
- Get 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Take of Dry seasonings..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of all spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Provide 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Provide of Kosher salt.
Instructions to make Chickpea and sweet potato curry:
- Add oil until hot and then the onions and chiles and sauté for about 5 minutes, add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add all the seasonings plus salt to taste and toast for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chickpeas and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes followed by the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil and reduce to medium and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes and then open for another 10 and check for seasoning and consistency and adjust accordingly (take the lid off and reduce more if it needs to be thicker).
- Stir through the cilantro and and serve over rice and top with green onions.
If you find this Chickpea and sweet potato curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.